Grilled Pomegranate Chicken with Cucumber Relish
Recipe Brought to you by
This recipe serves: 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
1/4 cup diced red onion
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
zest and juice of 1 lemon
salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 4 to 6 ounces each
2 tablespoons pomegranate juice concentrate
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 cup non-fat yogurt or sour cream
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the cucumber, tomato, red onion, mint, lemon zest and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate.
2. Preheat the grill to medium-high.
3. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken on one side for 6 minutes, turn, brush with pomegranate juice concentrate and continue grilling until the chicken is cooked through.
4. In a small dish, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Brush the cooked chicken with more pomegranate juice and sprinkle it with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
5. Serve the chicken with a large spoonful of cucumber relish and a dollop of yogurt or sour cream.
Serving size: 1 chicken breast with relish
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 2 g
Protein 32 g
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 2 g
Sodium 96 mg
Percent Calories from Fat 27%
Percent Calories from Protein 48%
Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 24%